New to wine problem with taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've made one batch of wine and one of mead and both turned out great till I put them in the fridge. After they became chilled they both became extremely tart and stayed that way very unpleasant to try and drink. Any suggestions?

I used lalvin rc212 yeast for both those batches along with ld carlson yeast energizer & nutrient.

I'm asking cause I just started a new batch of wine. I use lalvin Icv d47 yeast this time along with the energizer & nutrient.

I drink them warm they taste just fine to me. my step fathers the one who noticed the tart taste he likes them cold.

Hi i'm new to the whole wine making process. I've purchased a 64oz. container of Welch's Concord grape juice that I want to use as a starter. Do you or anyone you might know can give me a few pointers on how to begin?

Hi i'm new to the whole wine making process. I've purchased a 64oz. container of Welch's Concord grape juice that I want to use as a starter. Do you or anyone you might know can give me a few pointers on how to begin?
There is a thread in the recipe section about using Welch's to make wine. Probably you should read that first, and if you still have questions, either post them there or start a new post. Adding your question to someone else's post is not the best way to do it. Your question gets buried, and the original subject of the post gets changed.

That said, welcome to the forum! I think you will find people here very helpful.

Regards,
feffer

gotta say I have never noticed. the pressure changes, maybe it's his tastebuds. try putting cubes in it instead and see. or follow ashplubs advice!

keeping in mind the cheaper the beer the colder the cheer. the better the wine, the more that is mine!

SWMBO puts hers in the blender. oh well

Back