New to the forum and brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchillingBrewing

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Jerrid and I decided to look for a good forum to share ideas with and get input from others on brewing in order to better my final products. I was pretty glad to see this forum contained so many members (who are active) and a lot of great threads with pertinent information on what I'm looking to get out of this.

I'd been interested in brewing for quite a while and when I turned 21 my parents bought me a simple DIY Beer brewing kit. I've already used it and was semi satisfied with the results. The kit is a Coopers beer kit and it is an extract kit. I will eventually move towards all grain brewing but for now this will do. I also become interested in making mead. I've tried many kinds and love the stuff so figured if I can brew beer, I can make mead. I've read a few books but I always have questions that aren't quite answered in the books. I recently subscribed to Brew Your Own magazine and Zymurgy magazine and I think I will get some great help from those. But I am also excited to see what kind of answers and ideas I will get from this place.
One day (way down the road), I hope to open a local brewery and meadery in whatever town I end up in but I've got a lot of learning till then.

Welcome to the Obsession my friend....you have come to the right place.

Do lots of searches on the site to learn....and ask lots of questions....you will get excellent expert advice!

This is the best Home Brew site around...welcome!:mug:

Back