New to the brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbeltz

Reaction score
Hi my name is Stephen Beltz and I am in the U.S. army currently stationed in Korea. I have tried brewing once using parts of a Mr. Beer kit and it turned out bad... really bad. I don’t know why but the more I look into it I realize that I made several mistakes. My first and biggest was using an old and beaten Mr. Beer keg that I don’t think I cleaned well enough. The beer had a good upfront taste but had a really nasty after taste that lingered. But I’m not giving up I see everyone on you tube enjoying their homebrew, I want to also. I just ordered a full kit from Midwest supplies. I ordered my bottle capper, caps, and bottles from them and everything went well so I bought from them again. My only issue with them is the shipping cost. But they do recognize the armed forces stationed outside the United States. So I am still great full.

Welcome from a squid. I made a stop in Korea on my last deployment and I thought it was pretty cool. Didn't make it up to Seoul, but did some exploring in Pusan. Regarding your shipping cost issue, some of the online retailers ship to APO addresses which makes shipping the same as in the states. Happy brewing!

Im an hour or two from Puson/Buson in Daegu and I dont have any complaints. Im defenetly ready to come home though. Thanks for the friendly welcome and happy sailing.

Back