New to Soda: seeking syrup recipe ideas.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeICR

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been homebrewing beer and wine for years, but want to get into sodas. What I'd like to do is make a large batch of concentrate syrup, store it, and add a certain amount to a 5 gal keg of water and carb whenever I want. Looking to start with a ginger ale and root beer. Not interested in store bought syrups or basic recipes. I'm not afraid of doing the work. Any recipe or process suggestions?

I have a list of books that might help.

Make Your Own Soda: Syrup Recipes by Anton Nocito is a great place for just syrup recipes. Nocito is the founder of P&H soda and these recipes are gourmet quality.

Homemade Soda by Andrew Schloss has some good recipes, though not all of them are syrup recipes. With some adaptation, they can work as syrup recipes pretty well.

Homemade Root Beer Soda & Pop by Stephen Cresswell is a good book, though all the recipes are listed as fermentation recipes. There is a section that discusses the use of "concentrates" as he calls them.

The Artisan Soda Workshop by Andrea Lynn is all syrup recipes, though they are designed with the Sodastream in mind and you'll have to scale way up for 5 gallon kegs.

And if you wait until June, you can get your hands on a copy of Making Soda at Home: Mastering the Craft of Carbonation by Jeremy Butler. I hear it's going to be epic.

I have a list of books that might help.

Make Your Own Soda: Syrup Recipes by Anton Nocito is a great place for just syrup recipes. Nocito is the founder of P&H soda and these recipes are gourmet quality.

Homemade Soda by Andrew Schloss has some good recipes, though not all of them are syrup recipes. With some adaptation, they can work as syrup recipes pretty well.

Homemade Root Beer Soda & Pop by Stephen Cresswell is a good book, though all the recipes are listed as fermentation recipes. There is a section that discusses the use of "concentrates" as he calls them.

The Artisan Soda Workshop by Andrea Lynn is all syrup recipes, though they are designed with the Sodastream in mind and you'll have to scale way up for 5 gallon kegs.

And if you wait until June, you can get your hands on a copy of Making Soda at Home: Mastering the Craft of Carbonation by Jeremy Butler. I hear it's going to be epic.

Heads up, a bunch of links are broken on the blog post you linked.

Latest posts

Back