New to posting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewstergalVT

Reaction score
So I signed up back in May, never posted anything but Santa brought me a new computer! I've been homebrewing for many years, love sharing info about homebrewing and can bore folks to sleep if they ask me about brewing. I started posting answers to forum questions just the other day and realized that may have been rude, not having introduced myself! I'm an all grain brewer, love managing yeast, have a microscope, love making beer though I have a very basic all grain system.

First question: I'm looking to get an insulated stainless steel lauter tun (10 gallon). Currently I use a plastic 10 gallon Rubbermaid cooler with a John Guest fitting on both sides, inside I have a plastic domed false bottom. I've not found anything that I like for an insulated stainless lauter tun. I want easy to clean as far as fittings. I don't use pumps and don't expect that I will. I use silicone tubing. Any wisdom on what to get (or not get)?

I've just upgraded from a 10 gal Rubbermaid cooler w/ a copper manifold to a 15 gal Blichmann w/ their false bottom. I'm going to insulate the outside w/ Reflectix type insulation and I can direct fire on my single tier stand.

Welcome! With your experience and knowledge, we all hope that you will share with us as well as ask questions. Glad you are aboard. Jump on in!!

Back