New to Kegging, Quick question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e_man

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just kegged my first beer today. So far it is in the fridge and on gas, all fine and dandy. However, Whenever i attempt to attach the beer line the poppet on my pin lock keg leaks beer everywhere. Am I doing something wrong? Should there be a washer between the beer connect and the poppet? Thanks, sorry if this is a repeat I couldn't find my answer

Is the beer line not locking down? You should be able to squeeze/lift it to attach to the keg and then slide down to lock it. I usually do this a few times as a dry run before attaching the keg, just to make sure the line is in working order.

someone else probably has a better idea, but it's a start.

*beginner's forum is ripe with help for your first time at anything, probably would get more responses posting there. good luck.

The post on the pin lock should have a oring. Position the liquid disconnect over the post, push down and twist. As soon as the poppet is engaged there will some liquid leaked so put the disconnect on like you mean it. Whenever I connect or disconnect my disconnects there is a little bit of beet that leaks out (this is normal). Just make sure the disconnect is locking into position.

^That^

Note that once the disconnect is in place the poppet doesn't matter (well, as long as the thing actually opened ;))
The outside post o-ring takes over the job of keeping the beer in the system...

Cheers!

Back