New to brew from Bakersfield CA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burno

Reaction score
Researched for a couple months then jumped right in to AG. Scary, but extremely fun. Does anyone have suggestions on a good AG to brew? First batch was Nut Brown Ale, it is bottled right now. Just brewed an American Wheat last Sunday.

Welcome to the forums. Born and raised in Shafter. I still have family in Bakersfield. Good luck controlling your fermentation temps. If you brew darker beers it is easy to hide some imperfections in your brewing. Try a stout or a porter and before you know it it will be cool enough to drink a nice heavy beer.

Yes, it's very hot here! Thinking about a red ale next Humann. Then maybe go to something a little darker.
Hey 1234 my parents live right outside Shafter, go there all the time :) I got a pretty good handle on fermentation temps I think. I bought an old standup freezer and got a Johnson Control hooked up to it. Works really great.

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see one more form bako. Went AG right away? nice way to do it.

I did a red ale last month but added wyeast roeselare blend. Brewed a cream ale last weekend and a golden strong is on deck when the cream ale is done in the chamber.

deaton83 said:
Welcome to the forum. Glad to see one more form bako. Went AG right away? nice way to do it.

I did a red ale last month but added wyeast roeselare blend. Brewed a cream ale last weekend and a golden strong is on deck when the cream ale is done in the chamber.

I think we are doing a red next then a hef. That's funny you mentioned a cream ale. I was just talking about that with my brew partner. We may try one soon in the future.

Back