New titles coming this year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As the title implies, I have a few new titles coming out sometime this year. I'm currently working on book two of my home brewing experiences. The working title is; "Tippy Tippy Tappy II; Historic Styles & Struggles". I go through the history of beer & beer in America in more detail with some amusing insights along the way to keep things interesting. Discussing available history of some beers I've brewed & am brewing again that'll be listed in a new recipe section of the book. My own struggles with researching & brewing some old styles as relates to record keeping & what survives up to now.
I've also got a book about the real John Henry & how he felt about his blue collar brethren of the day up to now. It's titled; "John Henry & the Blue Collar World". It discusses a couple different versions of his story & where events actually took place according to eyewitness interviews from the 1920's. And how this is one tall tale that's true! How it relates to how many of us blue collar works still feel about our jobs & it's future for our families.
Book two of my Time Lords 2034 series is also in the works, titled, " Time Lords 2034: The New Camelot". Pete Kroeger & his family & friends now live in a better world they've made in book one. But outside forces that've been here for some 250,000 years beg to differ with their struggles intertwined with our own. The reader will find out more of who & what the so-called " ancient astronauts" really were that are still struggling for possession of this world to save it or enslave it, if the old myths & legends are to be believed. Even myths have some basis in fact! And as usual, the latest tech advances are extrapolated into this near-future, interwoven with ancient knowledge, myths & legends To create a real-world possible future we may indeed be headed for!
I also have the title of the final book of the Time Lords series done up. I also have a start on book three of my home brewing experiences, but if it works out, it'll be different from the first two. And finally, I have a start on a recipe book of the country-style cooking I grew up with, interlaced with central-Eastern European styles I grew up with as well. Working title is rather amusing, but descriptive. So my plate's pretty full atm, trying to find my notes on these dishes to correspond with those my mother wrote down in the margins of a stack of her old cookbooks that're beginning to fade. So it's going to be an eventful year, if I can get it all done in the course of the year.

Well, here's a first. I sold two more copies of the home brewing book. Another in the UK, but my first sale in Europe, & it was in Italy! That's kinda cool to see on my reports page for kindle. Still no word back from Frau publisher at AHA publishing yet. Probably a no-go, but you never know...

Thanks. The business side of this is tough.
*7/11/15- Got turned down by AHA publishing. What a surprise. She enjoyed the humor, & recognized some situations, but said nothing of the historical perspectives & such. I'm not adding anything to their home brewing writings? No one else writes like I do, as if speaking like a father or grandfather to a son or grandson. So much for the personal touch. According to her, my style is more like memoirs, not the uber-regimented stereo instruction style she claims folks want. Maybe she's right, & I should scrap the idea? They're #1 in HB books, & no go. Damn.

Well, after watching this video about John & all blue collar works, myself included, I remembered what drove men like us that did hard manual labor for a livin'. Grit, sweat, & love...

I retitled my book about John Henry. " John Henry & The Blue Collar World: Grit, Sweat & Love". Says it all in a better way, doesn't it? I'm also looking for a couple page submissions from those of you that know what hard work is, or a relative that inspired you...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back