New Teen Fad=Lowering Trend in IQ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of these stupid fads are just natural selection doing its job.

Agreed, except our stupid society coddles the ignorant which is acting to decrease the average intelligence level across the board. The problem being of course, that this will, eventually, effectively cause the de-selection of the human race through the very forces of natural selection you are talking about.

As a society we have taken all the fun and danger out of being a kid, then are surprised when young adults try to have some dangerous fun as soon as mommy and daddy aren't around.

Reminds me quite a bit of Thomas More's writing. We are to blame for the idiots, we raised them.

/sarcasm/ Why don't they just legalize LSD and pot and let kids get back to wreaking havoc the old fashioned way - with good old fashioned drugs! /sarcasm/

Seriously though, I can't help but wonder if all this is a side effect on the "war on drugs" that started more than 20 years ago. The GenX'ers and Baby Boomers did a LOT of stupid stuff growing up, but I'm not sure if it was as stupid as it is today. The suffocation games are particularly unsettling, especially the age that they start playing them.

Back