New, Southern Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacemaker

Reaction score
Hi Y'all, I'm from southern Mississippi, you know where the humidity is around 90% + in the summer. The beer market here is controlled by Budweiser and Miller, which I will not drink. The good beer, New Castle, Guinness, Killian and Samuel Adams are only sold by the six pack. Tired of dishing out the bucks for good beer. About 15 years ago I had a friend in Florida that converted me away from Bud and Miller with his home brew. Anyway, just started brewing about a month ago. Currently have 2 gallon batch of Mr. Beer Blonde Ale Bottled, (2 more weeks before tasting it). Another Mr. Beer Cowboy Lager ready to bottle this weekend. Have a couple of 5 gallon extract brews fermenting in primary from Midwest Supplies, Smooth Nut Brown Ale (racking to secondary this weekend) and an Old Castle Brown Ale ("New Castle" clone) has another week in primary. Sure will be glad to start drinking my beer.

@ Ryush806 - I lived in Cabot, AR for about 8 years. Back then I was a Miller Light drinker, YUK! But I'm better now.

@ Birdman Brewing Company, Thanks for the welcome, I just bought a used kegerator, a set of corny kegs fittings and hoses. But will keep you on my list.

@ Jayman931, Thanks for the welcome. I live in Oloh actually, about 12 miles south of Sumrall. I have a Sumrall address but a Hattiesburg phone line. Been that way since I was 12.

@ Jayman931, Thanks for the welcome. I live in Oloh actually, about 12 miles south of Sumrall, 12 miles north of Purvis. 15 miles west of Hattiesburg and 14 miles east of Columbia. Yep, that about pin points where Oloh is. I have a Sumrall address but a Hattiesburg phone line. Been that way since I was 12. Think I'll go to the Keg and Barrel Sunday, for the Hattiesburg Beer club gathering and meet some local brewers. Can't miss me, I'll be the different one.

Back