New online software: Brewingday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEG

Reaction score
*First: I am not affiliated by the software in any way*

I've been a long time Brewgr.com user, as I like the simplicity. Sadly it is not updated any longer and frankly it is a bit to simple. Tried Beersmith, but find it to be to much of a PITA. Also, I prefer web-based apps (often using Chromebook or Android devices).

Luckily I came across a forum thread in an Norwegian forum a while ago, where I could follow the development og Brewingday.

IMO it is the the most user friendly software out there, while still being advanced. As the name implies, it will help you while brewing as well (when to add stuff, what you need to remember to do). Here is a bit from the author (don't think this is visible after logging in):

What is Brewing Day?
Brewing Day is a brewing software that focuses on helping you with the actual brewing process. It will help you with calculating all the relevant values for the specific

Recipes
Recipes are an important part of Brewing Day, and is what every brew is based on. A recipe contains a list of ingredients, an equipment profile, a mash schedule and a fermentation and aging schedule, in addition to other relevant properties for the recipe.

Any relevant measurements for the recipe will be automatically calculated based on the input. steps, and make sure you don't forget anything along the way.

Recipes
Recipes are an important part of Brewing Day, and is what every brew is based on. A recipe contains a list of ingredients, an equipment profile, a mash schedule and a fermentation and aging schedule, in addition to other relevant properties for the recipe.

Any relevant measurements for the recipe will be automatically calculated based on the input.

Other features
These and many other features exist in Brewing Day:
  • All types of units, for example volume and weight, can be changed on the fly from anywhere.
  • Recipes can be scaled to a chosen batch size, or to match a specific equipment profile.
  • Import of recipes from BeerXML.
  • A comprehensive ingredient list that can be extended by each user as they see fit.
  • Copy recipes that are shared by other users.
You get 6 months free/trial. After this the price is 10 USD/year.
There is also a development request area, which I believe is only visible after payment. (Not sure)

https://brewingday.net/

Just signed up and put in a recipe, it seems to work great, with the exception that I don't see where to put in the hops schedule although nobody else apparently had this problem.

It's under recipe, add the hop under ingredients in the text field with a placeholder of "search for ingredients here" then you change the usage and boil duration fields.

They've got a good app, just wish it was FOSS.

Back