New Member (Seattle Area)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinWagner

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'll let this photo be my introduction!

Thanks,
Kevin

IMG_0564.jpg

Welcome Kevin! Nice to see another PNW brewer. What LHBS do you use in Seattle? Every time I'm up there I'm tempted to visit Bob's but never get the chance.

That's a damn shiny pot you got! Welcome to the forums from Olympia!
As for LHBS around these parts, I love Beer Essentials in Lakewood for my bulk purchases and RockTop in Olympia for everything else. Never been to Bob's, is it worth the hour drive?

Welcome Kevin! Nice to see another PNW brewer. What LHBS do you use in Seattle? Every time I'm up there I'm tempted to visit Bob's but never get the chance.

I use Cellar Homebrew in North Seattle almost exclusively -- a good bunch of guys, there. And close to home.

I've not been to Bob's more than once, so I can't comment on them.

Until a few years ago, I used to work in Bellevue, and frequented Mountain Homebrew --also helpful folks, but prices much, much higher than anywhere else.

Another place I haven't been to in years is Larry's in Kent. I recall they do keg conversions and other custom SS welding work for homebrewers.

-K

Hey Kevin,

Another newbie over here in Bellevue area.

I'm planning on paying Larry a visit for a 50# sack of 2-row. Good price I believe @ $44.50

jholen said:
Hey Kevin,

Another newbie over here in Bellevue area.

I'm planning on paying Larry a visit for a 50# sack of 2-row. Good price I believe @ $44.50

I picked up a 50# bag of pilsner malt this
afternoon at Larry's -- $44.

I go to Bob's Homebrew shop. I think I've only been to one other (can't remember the name) so can't compare it to others. Bob's must have 40 different malts/specialty grains and a good selection of hops and yeast. Worth checking out I'd you are in the neighborhood.

I haven't been to Cellar Homebrew. I live in the north part of Seattle. I'll have to check them out.

Dan.

jholen said:
Nice!

Been busy moving - haven't been able to get my brew on. What ya planning on brewing with that pils malt?

I've been doing a series of single-hop pale ales.

50# seems like a lot, but for 5 gallons I used nearly 10# per batch. It goes pretty fast.

Kevin

Back