New LHBS in Reno/Sparks Area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBailey

Reaction score
Saw their listing in Craft Beer & Brewing magazine and had to check them out. Their web site looks good and prices very competitive for a small store. Stopped in this past Sunday and they now have a new customer. I had problems with freshness and the way products were stored and handled at a store I used to deal with, so had dealt with a major online source for several years.

I was impressed that these guys vacuum seal their hops in mylar bags and freeze them. Once bagged grains are opened they are kept in covered buckets. Perishable inventory levels appear to be kept low in order to assure freshness and Josh, one of the owners, was very friendly and accommodating. It's also nice to be able to buy sacks of base malts without worrying about shipping costs.

While I was very happy with both products and service at the online store I dealt with it is very nice to have a LHBS again. Nothing fancy here, but a good assortment of products and friendly service.
If you're in the area be sure and check them out.

http://www.brewchatter.com/

Back