new kit coming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobber

Reaction score
Hello from the piney woods of Texas. I have a new kit coming with 2 carboys any Ideas as to what I should try first? I thought a brown ale or maybe a Irsh red. what do y'all think? I want wife to like the first batch. thanks

Brew what you like! I just kegged a Belgian Wit, and a Barleywine just started farting away in the fermenter this weekend. Now I'm in the same boat as you; trying to figure out what to do next!

Welcome. :)

I never know what I'm doing next. I always have lots of plans of what I want to brew, then I sample some commercial beer I love and think "I have to brew this" so the next weekend I'm brewing a clone, and then a few weeks later I go to the homebrew club and sample someone's HB and say "Man I need to brew one of these!" but before I get to it, I read someone's thread on here about XYZ and I end up brewing THAT instead! :D

Good luck and I hope you will be ready to move on to non Cooper kits. I bought 2 of them with my Coopers brewery, brewed one and keeping one for future use. You will find that Coopers no boil kits are a lot simpler then doing other kits. They are not as complicated as all grain but still a lot more for a newbie to grasp. Remember that with lagers you need much colder temperature then for ales and also a long lagering time. This is the reason why I am putting off making my last Coopers Lager kit. I would do it following Coopers instructions but follow universal lagering process / temperatures or as close as I can get.

Here is what you can do with your Coopers :0

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/newbies-2nd-batch-some-diy-cooling-chamber-85133/

I live by lake Fork. nick name Buck and my last name is Dear and I spelled it right.

I'm going to be making an AHS clone of Blue Moon for my wife (mainly).
Make whatever you will like! May as well start stocking your fav? ;)

Back