New home brewer in Cincinnati

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcoy2

Reaction score
Just brewed up my first batch yesterday, hopefully I'll see signs of fermentation when I get home today. Assuming, of course, I've been able to keep the temp warm enough in my basement!

This looks like a great site, I'm looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge and experience that seems to be collected here!

This is a great place to learn anything you want about brewing.

Welcome to the obsession

The local supply house had a kit/recipe for Flat Tire Ale, which I'm assuming is a variant built off of Fat Tire Ale. Supposed to be an amber ale, and seems pretty popular as a first brew (at least out of their shop). I haven't had Fat Tire in a long time, so the comparison really isn't important to me at all, just looked like a good starting point.

Brewed on Sunday during the football games, and was happy to see action in the fermentation lock when I got home from work on Monday. Unfortunately I didn't have an appropriately sized test jar to use with the hydrometer, so I don't know where I started as far as OG is concerned. I'll stop by the supplier's place on my way home and pick up a test jar. I also need to ask them about the instructions, which only call for 1 week in the fermentation bucket instead of 2.

I started a VERY simple blog last night to track my progress, since there are a few people in the office and some family members that are interested. This should be fun.

Back