New Guy Here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peregrine879

Reaction score
Hello my name is Brent. I got tired of drinking micro brews and decided to give home brewing a try since I can get a decent set up in my new house. My friend brews alot and I believe he frequents these forums. So I look forward to everything here and every ones helpful suggestions.

WELCOME TO HBT!

Brewing is an incredibly rewarding hobby - you will probably have a lot of questions at first, please make sure you try and search for the answer. 99% of the time, the questions has been asked before at least 3 times a week. . :mug:

Thank you i do have one question. I started my cider yesterday its a small batch, only half a gallon to test it out, since my primary is filled with pumpkin wine.

The yeast in the cider has yet to activate i mixed the yeast in a starter of warm cider and it looked fine now in the gallon jug its just looks like brown sludge and yeast together. the air lock is not bubbling at all. On the wine it is really going to town.

At what point should I be worried that the yeast did not activate after pitching the yeast into the gallon jug.

Latest posts

Back