New guy from WV needs supplies. How to find?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayWV

Reaction score
Hi my name is Jason I am brand new to the forum and brewing beer. I have always wanted to brew and now I have the time so I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the process. Anyway I need to buy all the supplies, yeast, malt, dextrose, all that stuff and I live in Beckley West Virginia (southern WV) does anybody know of a place that is near by so I can get what I need or do I have to order everything online? Thanks a ton.

Goto the American Homebrewers Association website and use there locator for any AHA registered brick and mortars near you.

However, you will probly find that there is more vailability and selection through various online vendors. You just have to weigh the "dilemma" between supporting your locals or supporting your needs.

There is a middle ground too.

A quick google map search found nothing.

Looks like online shopping for you.

I live in MD and use brewmasterswarehouse. They are based out of Georgia. Flast shipping and great customer service. they answer all your questions.

Do a search on HBT for online vendors. there are lots of good ones out there that HBT readers use. Its all preference. I am not pushing brewmasterswarehouse, I have just found they are the best online vendor I have used in terms of quick turn around time since they are close to MD.

I live in MD and use brewmasterswarehouse. They are based out of Georgia. Flast shipping and great customer service. they answer all your questions.

Do a search on HBT for online vendors. there are lots of good ones out there that HBT readers use. Its all preference. I am not pushing brewmasterswarehouse, I have just found they are the best online vendor I have used in terms of quick turn around time since they are close to MD.

+1 to Brewmaster's Warehouse and speedy shipping. My last order showed up at my door (North Carolina) within 48 hours of me placing the order.

Flast shipping and great customer service.

Bferullo is right, their shipping is super flast! :drunk:

In my experience it's fast too! :fro:

Seriously though, I've had great luck with BMW and really like their brew builder feature. I have also had great luck with Northern Brewer and Austin Homebrew. I've never heard a bad thing about Midwest or William's Brewing either so you should be good with any of them. Welcome to HBT and brewing and best of luck.

Hi JayWV,

There isn't any place that has supplies here. I'm from near Pineville and have not been able to find any suppliers here. Internet orders seem to be the only way to go.

There probably aren't enough home brewers here for someone to stock a store shelf with supplies although I have heard that a coffee store in Lewisburg is thinking about it.

Yeah I'm from Pittsburgh and I found a place up there when I got my brewing supplies kit. I figure I'll order online when I need ingredients. That would be cool if they had something in Lewisburg, thanks for the info.

I would go to Google and type in

a homebrew supply store

Then click on the "I'm feeling lucky" button.

Jay,
Chuck is correct. The Wild Bean in Lewisburg is now starting to distribute for LD Carlson. That is an option for you. Another would be to check out The Cellar in Nutter Fort just south of Clarksburg (assuming you will be going back up to PA to visit friends and family). I live in Beckley too. I've had good success with Midwest, Northern Brewer, and Listermann. All three are reasonable prices and quick shipping to our area. Glad to see there are more brewers in Southern West Virginia.

Jay,
I just realized that I didn't mention Austinhomebrew in post #12. My first two "real" homebrews were AHS kits and they were way better than the canned kit I made before. Forrest is a priceless asset to the HBT community and you should give him some of your business. I recommend ordering from him during the winter (esp. if ordering liquid yeast) as the delivery time to us is longer than other suppliers.

Welcome- There are several online sources that make as much sense as a local shop pricewise.

I also just place an order with Steelers77 on his site. Very excited about getting everything.

Back