New guy from St. Louis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Total new guy from St. Louis. About 15 years ago I got one of those little Mr. Beer kits from a late night infomercial. Did a couple of batches, but they didn't turn out well. Besides back then, I was totally happy with drinking bud light, and it was way before youtube even existed...lol.

St. Louis has several beer festivals during the year, and I've had the chance to sample lots of different types of beer. I've preferred drinking craft beer for years now, so I started looking into homebrew a few months ago. I just bought the big mouth bubbler kit from Northern Brewer. They had a deal recently where I got free 8 gallon tall kettle if I purchased the kit, so I went for it!

The main kit arrived on Monday, and the kettle and some other supplies were supposed to arrive Tuesday, but UPS screwed up the delivery. Apparently they dropped it off at a different house, but marked it as delivered. I typically expect this type of service from the postal service, but UPS has never failed me until now...

I was pretty bummed that I have the supplies, but no way to cook it. My 'large' pasta kettle is only like 2 gallons...lol. The last time the post office misplaced a package, it took them 2 weeks to get it back to me. Then, as I was literally typing this post, one of my neighbors brought my missing packages to my front door! Awesome. Glad that I have some honest neighbors....

So I'm planning on doing my first brew on Xmas day. I got the Caribou Slobber extract kit. I'm sure I'll be on here more for tips. I'll take all the help I can get!

~Joe

Welcome to the forum! You'll learn a lot here from everyone that's eager to help out, so don't be afraid to ask. Good luck!

John

Welcome to the obsession! Lots of great information here on HBT. Do your reading and research, and if you can't find the answers in the beginner brewer forums, ask away. My two biggest pieces of advice, be clean (sanitize) and be patient. Good to have you. Ed
:mug:

Hey everyone! Total new guy from St. Louis. About 15 years ago I got one of those little Mr. Beer kits from a late night infomercial. Did a couple of batches, but they didn't turn out well. Besides back then, I was totally happy with drinking bud light, and it was way before youtube even existed...lol.

St. Louis has several beer festivals during the year, and I've had the chance to sample lots of different types of beer. I've preferred drinking craft beer for years now, so I started looking into homebrew a few months ago. I just bought the big mouth bubbler kit from Northern Brewer. They had a deal recently where I got free 8 gallon tall kettle if I purchased the kit, so I went for it!

The main kit arrived on Monday, and the kettle and some other supplies were supposed to arrive Tuesday, but UPS screwed up the delivery. Apparently they dropped it off at a different house, but marked it as delivered. I typically expect this type of service from the postal service, but UPS has never failed me until now...

I was pretty bummed that I have the supplies, but no way to cook it. My 'large' pasta kettle is only like 2 gallons...lol. The last time the post office misplaced a package, it took them 2 weeks to get it back to me. Then, as I was literally typing this post, one of my neighbors brought my missing packages to my front door! Awesome. Glad that I have some honest neighbors....

So I'm planning on doing my first brew on Xmas day. I got the Caribou Slobber extract kit. I'm sure I'll be on here more for tips. I'll take all the help I can get!

~Joe

Welcome if you ever get super bored Im in the greater ofallon, mo area.... just down the street from design2brew actually.

In fact I just picked up the ingredients to remake my holiday ale haha.

Welcome! I grew up across the river from you in southern Illinois. You're in the right place to learn. :)

Welcome if you ever get super bored Im in the greater ofallon, mo area.... just down the street from design2brew actually.

In fact I just picked up the ingredients to remake my holiday ale haha.

Hey, thanks. I'll have to check them out sometime. I'm in South City, do you know if there's anything else around me?

Hello and welcome to the site/obsession. I'm a couple hours south of you, around Cape Girardeau, MO.

Hey, thanks. I'll have to check them out sometime. I'm in South City, do you know if there's anything else around me?

not off the top of my head. There is one nearish maybe... closer than ofallon at least.

stlwineandbeer.

im sure there are others i just dont know of them.

Latest posts

Back