New guy from South Central PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smf

Reaction score
Hello to all my fellow homebrewers!

Name is Scott and I've been lurking around these pages for the past few months gathering tips and advice along the way. I currently live in Lancaster County, PA. I started extract brewing around 15 years ago. Got a little sidetracked along the way and just paid people to quench my thirst. Got divorced, then found a new woman that shares my enthusiasm for fine fermented beverages.

In order to woo her and try to make myself look like a real catch, I broke out the homebrew kit and whipped up a fair Smithwick's clone. She liked it so much that I followed that up with a couple of brown ales and a witbier.

Somewhere along the way she determined I was a catch and married me. She wholeheartedly supports my hobby, as long as I keep her stock filled. She likes it so much that I have to remind her to share with others....I can always make more!

Last year, one of my customers gave me an unused Danby kegerator that I quickly adapted for use with two, 5 gallon cornies. I have no idea why I didn't make the jump to kegging earlier.

After 15 years of being an on again, off again, on again extract brewer, I'm acquiring the gear needed to make the move to all grain....hence the lurking.

I also have a similar obsession with BBQ. BBQ and homebrew are two hobbies that lend themselves well to tinkering. My friends think I just like food and booze....hmmm, well, they aren't totally wrong.

In addition, my wife and I ride motorcycles. I have a VTX-1300S and my wife has Virago 250 and looking to move up to 600cc. If you're in the area and we have the time, we're always looking for new friends.

You probably won't see a lot of posts from me, just about every question I can come up with has been addressed at least once before. If I have something to contribute to another's question, I gladly put in my 2 cents, however I tend to defer to those with more experience.

Could be the longest hello I ever gave....but thank you for sharing your experience.

Well a long hello for a long deserved welcome to the site. I'm new to the site, but I've learned a lot just from reading threads on this site even though I've not yet brewed my first batch. But again welcome!

welcome to the site...as you mentioned, most every question that you could possibly ever have has already been answered here and if by chance you come up with one that hasn't been answered, just ask and you will surely either get your answer or at very least find others that are willing to experiment with you to find the answer. Congrats on finding a great woman to share your hobbies and life with and once again, welcome to the site!!

Also a Scott from Lancaster County. I'm new around here too, looking to get my 13 year old gear back in use. Maybe I'll run into you at a LHBS.

Welcome! I grew up in Lancaster County but live in Philadelphia now. I still run to Lancaster for most of my home brew needs, the customer service and size of the shops are typically worth the drive :)

Back