New guy from Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppydayz

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name is Greg and I have been brewing mostly Brewers Best kits for a few years. Now its time to really learn whats involved in the brewing process and thats why Im here. I received a couple of Mr Beer kits for Christmas and have done the West Coast Pale Ale and a 3 spice Lemon Weiz. I have now geared my brews to smaller batches and just did my first AG BIAB which is a Stout. I also made my first mead, which is the JAOM recipe that I got from here on HBT.

Welcome to the sight from Grove City.

I just opened my first bottle of a Bells Two Hearted Ale clone from a recipe that I got directly from Bells. It was an extract with steeping grains. I will be making this again!

This is my first recipe that wasn't a Brewers Best or Mr. Beer kit

Thats a great beer and one I would also like to make. I love IPA's. I have been the their store and brewpub in Kalamazoo which has some pretty good food and great beer.

I'm originally from kazoo, and go to the general store when we go back home. Got the recipe and ingredients from there at xmas time! Are u from kazoo?

No..but my job takes me there. I try to hit all of the brewpubs in my territory, which includes OH, MI, IL, KY and IN, and thats a good one. I recently went to Founders in Gd Rapids which also has a great brewpub and good food and picked up a magazine that has all of the breweries in MI. Im going to be busy in MI!

Western Michigan is a beautiful area, especially along the lakeshore. We went to New Holland Brewing Co. last summer, they have some pretty good brew too.

Hello fellow Ohioan!! I just signed on and was checking the posts out. I have went through a few kits and tried some of my own mixes. The malt extracts are fine but I want to get into it more. Just hooked up my first keg system and can't wait to try it out. Only one more week...that is if I can get carb info off here. Good Luck and keep the glass full!

Hi ProFF184! Tonight I bottled my Stout which was my first AG BIAB. I love the BIAB method because I dont need (or dont have room for) a full brewing system. A kegging system is next on my list. I am doing small 2.5gal batches so I will probably use the 3gal kegs. Where did you get your kegging supplies?

Howdy from Sheffield Village! We've got brew number 12 in primary now,but still bottling. I've got it down to 1.5 hours to 2 hours set up to clean up. That'll get shorter when I get my bottling table built.
I've got about 18 .5G plastic vodka jugs saved up over the last year for blow off jugs if you want some. Free to a good home. I also have a stack of empty craft 12 pack boxes for storing bottles if you know a brewer that could use them. Welcome to HBT!:mug:

Welcome to Home Brew Talk.
West Michigan certainly has a lot of breweries and brewpubs and some very excellent beers.
I lived in Lorain for 4 years when I served in the Coast Guard. Know that area well, was some great times when I lived there.

Hi Hoppy,

I got all of my supplies from beveragefactory.com. I checked around at many sites and they were the most helpful when I called. I bought my freezer from Sam's Club and cant wait to taste my first pour. I don't have the room either but said the heck with it and got it anyway! ood Luck! Enjoy your stout!

unionrdr, I might take you up on some of those boxes. Nice collection of beers too!! The Whiskely Ale sounds pretty good1

I lived in Lorain for 4 years when I served in the Coast Guard. Know that area well, was some great times when I lived there.

I love the area near the CG station and launch my boat from a ramp nearby. I have used pics of the Lorain Lighthouse on some of my lables

thats a pretty freekin awesome system ya have there pickles!!.....someday.....someday

Back