New Grist clone needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookwow

Reaction score
I know, i know worst beer ever but my cusion who is awsome likes this stuff and id like to try and make some for him.

Anyone have an extract recipe that would come somewhat close to this.

Not worst beer ever. I will drink Redbridge, some New Grist beers, Green's etc. When my homebrew is out, or if I am at an establishment that has GF beer, I will have one of those and not complain.

My experience is that GF homebrew is much better than anything you can buy so there is no reason to clone ANYTHING on the market. Just brew something. Brewer's best has a good kit, or just look around in this forum.

I like New Grist. I very rarely drink sorghum beers anymore but, I remember liking it.

Honestly, I would use equal parts sorghum and brown rice syrup extract to get to gravity. Throw in some buckwheat honey late. Use some Noble hops to get to correct bitterness and then throw some more in at flame out. I don't remember New Grist having much hop presence. I do remember it having some type of citrus peel. Lemon? Zest about an ounce into the kettle as a whirlpool addition.

That all seems right to me. I can't comment on the yeast but, US-05 will do the trick.

Hope that helps. I am just going off what I remember from New Grist.

Back