New grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stocktonbrew

Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought a grain mill. I picked up the MM2 2.0 and slapped it together with some 2/4s. The mill seems pretty beefy. I am going to power it with a Dewalt 10.5 amp drill. I just hope the RPMs are not too high.

photo.jpg

Thanks guys! I can't wait to use it. I told my wife this is the last thing I needed to buy, but now i'm thinking conical!

I doubt the drill will be too much but there are plug in speed controls for router tables that you can easily find.

Yeah the wallet kept me from getting one too. I thought if I could mill for free at the LHBS why pay the cash? But lately my efficiency has been all over the place so I finally broke down. How do the router speed controls work?

Yeah the wallet kept me from getting one too. I thought if I could mill for free at the LHBS why pay the cash? But lately my efficiency has been all over the place so I finally broke down. How do the router speed controls work?

Efficiency is what finally put me over the edge (that and the LHBS charging $2.20 per lb for all grains, not just specialty.) I was only getting about 50% eff. if I was lucky with the crush I was getting off their very old Schmidling. Buying base malt for $35 a sack from a friend who makes an out of town run every couple of weeks to a large brew store vs. $2.20 a lb and getting more out of less grain has definitely made it worth it. Don't think it will be a purchase you will regret.

Back