New Glarus Apple Ale Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivercity_homebrew

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of trying to clone (or at least come close to) New Glarus Apple ale. I had a bottle left over from last year and when tasting it, it seems like a brown ale that has sweet cider added. The sweetness is definitely unfermented cider not residual unfermented sugars.

My idea is to brew a 3 gallon batch of brown ale (English style with low hops), keg and pour 2glond of sweet cider in top.

rivercity_homebrew said:
So I'm thinking of trying to clone (or at least come close to) New Glarus Apple ale. I had a bottle left over from last year and when tasting it, it seems like a brown ale that has sweet cider added. The sweetness is definitely unfermented cider not residual unfermented sugars.

My idea is to brew a 3 gallon batch of brown ale (English style with low hops), keg and pour 2glond of sweet cider in top.

Sorry using the iPhone app and I can't see my text. I will pour 2 gallons of fresh cider on top after the yeast has dropped out and the keg is chilled.

Thoughts?

Back