New garage/brewery build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nmnbrewer

Reaction score
First full brew day with the new system went off without a hitch. It's so exciting when all the ideas in your head that look good on paper actually perform as good if not better than what was expected. It's been 6 months of acquiring components and materials but I can finally step back and take it all in. The first batch was an 11 gallon cream ale recipe split between primary's using wlp cream ale yeast and us05 in the other. Aside from a few tweaks on the brew boss program the system performed exactly as advertised. My mash was maintained at 152 at 9% constant power from the 5500 watt element and I hit 75+ efficiency (I think?) without any water adjustments or ph readings. Our Duluth mn city water is pretty much filtered Lake Superior water so not sure how much better I can get really. I'm looking forward to comments/questions/suggestions from you all. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1495889609.923367.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1495889625.749417.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1495889646.246410.jpg

Nice set up. I'm using the older Brew Boss controller and love it. I'll probably go with a Spike kettle at some point. I'm slowly converting everything to TC right now.

Few questions for you...

1) How does the hood work out for you? I have an exhaust fan with a big serving bowl for the hood and it drips a lot?
2) What do you use the two outlets right next to each other for on the kettle?

Nice set up. I'm using the older Brew Boss controller and love it. I'll probably go with a Spike kettle at some point. I'm slowly converting everything to TC right now.

Few questions for you...

1) How does the hood work out for you? I have an exhaust fan with a big serving bowl for the hood and it drips a lot?
2) What do you use the two outlets right next to each other for on the kettle?

Hood works fine. The amount of condensation created is pretty insane. I'm doing the same thing to catch the drips from the motor housing and ductwork. I actually drilled a hole in the bottom of the lowest spot on the 90 elbow and it poured out. I'm probably getting a few drips from the hood back in the kettle but I'm not going to go nuts about it. If you are referring to the manifold outlets, the first 2 are the in/out from the chiller.

Latest posts

Back