New fermentation chamber!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miked597

Reaction score
It might not look like much now but I'm going to use this broke a$$ fridge for my fermentation. It can hold 8 carboys or buckets no problem!!! I'll keep you all posted when I start the build. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408314862.879379.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

This tread will be in the DIY forum. As soon as I get time I'll post my results!!! Busy work schedule.

I guess the picture makes it look better than what it is. It's pretty beat up. I had to gut the whole thing out last night so it's just a big insulated box right now. Now how do I keep it cool? AC window units? Any ideas out there?

So I decided to go with the AC wall unit. Got one installed. Still need to insulate around the cut and clean up the inside. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409111589.676602.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1409111636.319804.jpg

Nice! That is going to be top notch. I wonder how cold you'll be able to get it with the ac... Cold crash?

I'm going to install another AC unit to cool the bottom section for cold crashing. I'll hook up that unit to a coolbot to run the AC around 34-35dg.

That looks flimsy, put that thing out on the curb. Give me your address and I will call the waste company for you.. Which would be my work truck.

Almost done!!! Have a fermostat on back order. Bottom section is chilling at a cool 34deg. Thanks to the coolbot. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410986879.459798.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410986958.027374.jpg

Latest posts

Back