New Buckeye member!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGNellett

Reaction score
Hello from the North Coast of Ohio! :mug: New member here, new to brewing, have a Mr. Beer on the way, looking forward to starting my first batch! I'm guessing there are probably a hand full of members in the area, so who is where? :tank:

I am a huge hop-head, a few of my favorite beers are Hopslam by Bells Brewery, Lake Erie Monster by Great Lakes Brewing Company, 2X IPA by Southern Tier.

I'd love to eventually learn to brew something similar to these for the times when they are not available locally!

I'm open to suggestions for which Mr. Beer kits to try, where to find them, upgrades, new recipes, etc..

Howdy! We like to go fishin in Port Clinton. I'm over in Sheffield Village near I90 & rt254 myself. One other member in Elyria,I think one in Avon. Def a few in Cleveland. When you're ready to move up from Mr beer,check out my BuckIPA recipe. You might like that. Or try & half the recipe? But this hobby will get addictive real fast. So hang in there & learn all you can. There's also a Mr beer forum at the top of the Beginner's Forum. Plus other extract brewing & bottling stickies in that same area. :mug:

Howdy! We like to go fishin in Port Clinton. I'm over in Sheffield Village near I90 & rt254 myself. One other member in Elyria,I think one in Avon. Def a few in Cleveland. When you're ready to move up from Mr beer,check out my BuckIPA recipe. You might like that. Or try & half the recipe? But this hobby will get addictive real fast. So hang in there & learn all you can. There's also a Mr beer forum at the top of the Beginner's Forum. Plus other extract brewing & bottling stickies in that same area. :mug:

Mmmmm, BuckIPA, sounds right up my alley! :mug: Any of the members on here do any brewing at the Brew Kettle in Cleveland?

Mmmmm, BuckIPA, sounds right up my alley! :mug: Any of the members on here do any brewing at the Brew Kettle in Cleveland?

Never brewed at the brew kettle. You' re welcome to join our club for a brew day this spring

You watch the walleye drop this year? Always wanted to do that :mug:

Back