New Brewery Registry at brewbot.org

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wuertele

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy folks, in preparation for building my own all-grain system, these days I've been spending a lot of time researching the great work that others have done, and I have wished for a central location to compare and contrast brewery designs. The only homebrewery registry I've found is brewhalla.net, and not only is it horribly out of date, but also it is terribly terse. It doesn't supply any of the system characteristics that I think are vital. So I decided to build my own sortable, filterable table:

http://brewbot.org/breweries

For a first pass, I basically went throught the brewhalla.net entries looking for links that were still alive, and created records for them in my database. I also created a sumission form so that others can contribute info about new brewery systems or correct any mistaken information I might have:

http://brewbot.org/brewery-submission

My goal is to keep this database up-to-date indefinitely. To that end, I am also interested in finding co-maintainers that can review submissions and do other maintenance tasks when I'm on vacay.

I suspect that the things that interest me about these systems might not be the same as the things other brewers might care about, and I want to hear about all those things! If there's any way you think I could improve the usefulness of my site, please let me know!

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks for putting this together!

Quick question:

Any information we provide when registering now can be modified later (especially when upgrades are made)? For example, my mash is heated right now by propane burners, but in the future I plan on optionally heating with electricity and natural gas.

Thanks for putting this together!
It is a labor of love!
Any information we provide when registering now can be modified later (especially when upgrades are made)? For example, my mash is heated right now by propane burners, but in the future I plan on optionally heating with electricity and natural gas.
Absolutely, I want the database to be as correct as possible at any given time. If you change your system, or you find out someone else has changed their system, you can use the same submission form to let me know.

The database also allows you to specify mutliple options for many of the variables. You could have both Propane and NG specified. And if you want to enter a variable that doesn't have the right options for you, just tell me so in the comment field and I'll do my best to accommodate the database to your system!

Dave

Back