New brewer from San Diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliec

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi! Lots of great info here, My first batch goes into bottles on Sunday an IPA tastes grat and hoppy as hell! Let the fun begin.

Hi Charlie, I am also new to this forum and to beer brewing. It so happens that I also live in Chula Vista. What a small world, EH? I live just a few blocks away from Southwestern College. Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of home brewing! I am on my third extract/partial mash brew, just getting ready to keg it this weekend, it is a strong IPA (7-8% alcohol). I am looking forward to all-grain batches in the near future. How are things going with you?

Hi Charlie, I am also new to this forum and to beer brewing. It so happens that I also live in Chula Vista. What a small world, EH? I live just a few blocks away from Southwestern College. Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of home brewing! I am on my third extract/partial mash brew, just getting ready to keg it this weekend, it is a strong IPA (7-8% alcohol). I am looking forward to all-grain batches in the near future. How are things going with you?

I'm down the road a few more miles in Eastlake. Couple of batches now all in bottles, in fact today is day 21 for the IPA and I plan on giving it a try. Looking towards going all grain as well. the price for extrct really drives up the cost of a batch. Just as soon as I can convince SWMBO I want to move to kegging as well that bottling is for the birds.

I got lucky and received a kegerator for Christmas, then someone gave me a Cornelius keg. I am also looking forward to all-grain!
I would recommend making your own kegerator, much cheaper depneding on what you buy. When I am ready to do all-grain, maybe we can hook up and share in the experience?

Back