New brewer from Iowa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky71

Reaction score
Just got my Equipment this Saturday and Brewed my first batch the next day (last night). It's happily bubbling away in the fermentor. :mug: It's an Autumn Amber Ale. Multiple websites said this was the best forum around so here I am.

Welcome to HBT! There are numerous Iowans on this board. I live in Ames.

I was born and raised in Burlington, Iowa but after the military I settled in Council Bluffs, Iowa next to Omaha, Nebraska and a few miles from my old base. I'm looking for a brew club but so far the ones I've found in Omaha seem to have a meeting once every 6 months, have died out, or do monthly competitions as meetings. I'm hoping the more active one does more then competitions at the meetings. I want to do competitions eventually but I'm not sure where a new guy fits in a club like that.

Welcome to HBT!

You might want to talk to Chris at Cornhusker Beverage. I think he might be in a brew club as well as being a member here. He only works part time but I run into him on Saturday pretty much any time I am there.

Welcome! Used to live in Marshalltown.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm going to try to make it out to Cornhusker Beverage tomorrow and then the Upstream for a growler if I make it out of the Beverage place without a few cases.

Latest posts

Back