• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Marcus has shipped my brewstand on 3/15 instead of 3/12. There was a problem with my internet service and phone service on 3/13 when he wanted to confirm my address before shipping. My isp and phone service was available on 3/14 and I confirmed my shipping info. UPS picked it up from him yesterday. So instead of a Saturday delivery, I'll expect to see it on Monday.

One note to mention...during this process is that Marcus's mother in law had a stroke. He and his wife went to Indiana for a few days to visit her...she is ok....Marcus said it was a mini-stroke. He called me to let me know that his schedule would be off by a couple of days. I let him know that I appreciated his willingness to keep me informed of the project, but that he had more important things to worry about at that time than my brewstand.

My next post should include pics of how the shipped package looks before unpacking as well as the brewstand once it's been unpacked and set up.

Love my marcus stand, but it was months of plausible excuses, then it arrived without the burners. Few more weeks, finally got it worked out but this was last summer before he imploded. Good luck.

March 20th...my stand has arrived. Here is my personal review as promised.

The packaging looked OK. As I unpacked it, I noted that the legs are not welded on. They are on square steel posts that will fit inside the square tubing. All four legs have 3" locking casters. Three legs went in OK, but the fourth leg would not because of the stand tubing had gotten bent during shipping. It took about 2 minutes to straighten the steel with a pry bar. The fourth leg was easliy installed.

The pump mounts will work fine as long as I hang the pumps from underneath the mounts instead of mounting the pumps on top of the mounts. The pump shields installed just fine and look like they'll do just fine.

The chiller mount was not pre-drilled...so I drilled 4 holes and mounted it.

The gas lines had to be tightened....common sense said to check them before turning on the gas. Initial fire test went fine.

All in all it was 18 days from the order date to the receive date. Had my internet service not been as flakey as it was, I'm sure I would have received the stand 3 days ago on Saturday.

I'm extremely pleased with the price, the quality, and the service. The closest estimate for another stand with the same features was twice what I paid for my new stand. You can bet I'll enjoy brewing on this stand !

Tomorrow I will add a SS Tee and 2 valves for my new pump assembly. It will match my existing pump assembly. My new pots are also here and I've added their new fixtures. Tomorrow, there will also will be a leak test, a boil test, and a pump test. First batch should be on the day after tommorow.

Pics will also come tomorrow. I have some now, but I need to read how to download them....and I read much better with a beer in my hand

pics as promised...more to come during test phases

Stand pkg2.jpg

Stand pkg4.jpg

Bent frame tubing.jpg

Stand 1 with wheels on the ground.jpg

There's a 10 PSI regulator that's included....it's a lot more sensitive than my previous high pressure regulator. So far it's a combination of the high pressure regulator and the burner valves. Without any experience on a single tier / 3 burner set up.....my thought is that I will probably have one burner going at a time....possibly 2 so I can heat my sparge water during the mash. I'll have to see how much of a temperature drop I get while recirculating during the mash.

Latest posts

Back