New Brew Ideas for SWMBO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmuir

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been brewing for the last 8 months and did my first AG last Friday. Up till now all the kits have been Cream Ale or American Ale. The AG was Yoopers Cream of Corn. The last 2 batches are on the yeast, a full boil kit to try out the equipment, and the AG the next day. Now heres the question.

My wife is a converted BMC drinker and loves the Cream Ale. What is the next logical AG style to brew to help her on her journey? She seems to enjoy the taste of hops that she has been missing but I dont want to scare her.

Any ideas? Yoopers fizzy yellow beer? DFH 90 Minn Clone :drunk:

Matt

I am trying the SWMBO Slayer... I just brewed that as my first AG brew. It's a Belgian Wheat, according to the posters of that recipe thread, it's very similar to Blue Moon, without that "pepper taste". Here's the recipe:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/swmbo-slayer-belgian-blonde-26599/

I did hear from the guy at my LHBS that wheat can be tough at times to get it to convert... I was lucky. I did do a 90 min mash with a VERY slow fly sparge. If you use Beersmith, send me a message and I will send my recipe.

Thanks guys, I may try them both! I wanted to make a shock top clone so the wheat may be great. I have heard nothing but good things about the bee cave beer.

TTB-J, would 39 IBU's be good for Mattmuir's SWMBO? That seems a bit high to me. Granted, I am going off of my personal SWMBO preferences here, but that seems high. I know my girl is NOT a fan of a lot of bitterness or hoopy flavor, especially with it only being a middle of the road OG beer. I might want to work up to that. Just a thought. But it does sound GOOD!

Back