new batch started yesterday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorson138

Reaction score
Yestereday this is what I put together
3lbs clover honey
1 cinnamaon stick
2 cloves
1 small pinch nutmeg
half teaspoon energizer
1 pack D47
water to bring up to 3/4 full

All I did was put honey in 1 gal jug
added water up to 3/4 full
added a stick of cinnamon, 2 cloves, pinch nutmeg
half tsp energizer

I aerated vigorously for several minutes to oxy the must
I then put in a pack of D47 yeast and shook it up just a bit more.

It started bubbling after about an hour and today it is going strong. I have this one in my closet under an airlock.:mug:

Everything mixed really well. I put the 3lbs of honey in a sink full of hot water for a while to help it flow easier. Then I poured the honey into the carboy. I then Added room temp water to honey bottle, shook it up and poured that in the carboy. Then I added water up to 3/4 full and shook it until it was very well aerated and the honey was completely mixed with the water. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks buddy. I think I need to start brewing some beer to fill in the gaps while I'm waiting on my batches of mead. I love beer too so I think I'm on to something here.hmhmhm...

Thanks buddy. I think I need to start brewing some beer to fill in the gaps while I'm waiting on my batches of mead. I love beer too so I think I'm on to something here.hmhmhm...

exactly - I have a batch of pineapple mead that I started in April - and it's still sitting there bulk aging; in the meantime I've done god knows how many batches of beer....

(not to mention my grape mead, show mead, raspberry mead, etc. that's already bottled, but I'm not gonna touch for awhile).

Do you brew beer with mostly just extracts??? What would you recomend as a starting point for me? I like very hoppy, bitter ales and dark, dark beers with higher abv. Any suggestions??? Yea, I think I'm gonna go ahead with beer, It will help keep me patient with the meads. hmhmhm...

I started with extract + steeping grains, but I do all-grain now.

If you have a pot that you can boil ~3 gallons, and a way to chill it; you can easily do extract + steeping specialty grains.

I would recommend Austin Homebrew Supply's Stone IPA clone as a start.

:mug:

Thanks, I'm slowly getting the equipment I need together... I think all I have left to get is the pot big enough to boil 3-4 gallons of wort and I'll be good to go. I'll keep ya posted and I'm sure I'll be havin questions;)

Latest posts

Back