never realized what I had

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrewBrew

Reaction score
I never really realized how fortunate I was to have what I have for brewing equipment until last night... Last night, I had a friend over, whom I recently found out was also a homebrewer. I started brewing in my 7 gallon brew kettle about 40 minutes before he got there, and it was just getting up to boiling.

When I first started brewing, I lived about 10 minutes from a restaurant supply store, so I picked up a lot of things from there, and have been quite pleased with my equipment since.

My equipment:
7 gallon commercial grade brew kettle (best investment)
wort chiller
Commecial grade 3 1/2" spoon
Grain bag (not the stocking-esque bag you get with the kits)
about 14 glass carboys ( several 6 1/2 gallon several 5 gallon, (2) 7 gallon, (1) 15 gallon)
plastic bottling bucket
Plenty of used growlers for starters
6 air locks
auto-siphen (he has a gravity based one)
commercial grade wide mouth funnel

I'm going over to his place later this week to help him brew, and being sure to bring over my brew kettle, wort chiller, auto-siphen and funnel. I couldn't imagine going back to the days of lesser equipment. I commend anyone who does!

Good gawd, man! What the heck do you do with a 15 gallon glass carboy??!!!!!! You got a crane or something to hoist it?

Just don't drop it on your foot, or on a concrete floor. ok? :cross:

rdwj said:
even empty, a 15 gal carboy has got to be a pain to move

It is... I used it once... secondary had to be broken out into 2 carboys. Works well if you want try something in secondary, want a lot of it if it turns out well, but don't want to waste too much time in case it turns out bad.

As for the dropping it on concrete... Thanks for bringing up bad memories... I've done that once :(

Back