Never kegged before have questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWeather3

Reaction score
I've never kegged before but I've always wanted to.I am currently waiting on a Damby keggerator to ship. My question is what kind of keg do I need to buy to be able to use my homebrew. I know corny kegs are used for homebrew but that would require conversion of some kind I think. I can't see well and converting anything may be a challenge. Is there any other keg that would work as is? Thank you in advance for your help and patience

Weather, the conversion is easier than you think. All it takes is a couple of appropriate sized QD's, 4 clamps, and then beverage / CO2 connectors for which ever kind of Corny keg you get. This way you can switch back and forth between commercial and corny kegs. I have a two faucet setup and this is what I do with one of them. As for seeing, just have someone assist you with this easy fix.

And now that I think about it, kegconnection sells the conversion kit I'm speaking of and it's under $30.

You can get 1/6th kegs that have standard Sanke fittings, but are designed for homebrewing and easy to clean.

Another alternative is purchasing a conversion kit as W- suggests. You cut the lines and push the QDs on. A QD is a quick disconnect, in case you haven't seen the term. A second set of QD will let you switch to a commercial keg if you want.

Back