Never Forget, Never Forgive

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo1337

Reaction score
A decade ago The United States of America was the victim of a brutal attack by terrorists. In the 10 years that have passed, the world has changed greatly. Terrorism is the single greatest threat to our world at this time, regardless of race, religion, creed or location on the Earth. In the attacks of September 11, 2001 over 3 thousand people died at the hands of deranged fanatics. Furthermore, thousands more have died in the war in Afghanistan; however the majority of these deaths are of Afghani citizens. With the vengeance demanded by the citizens of the United States, thousands of more people have died, thousands of miles from America. While I believe that it was the right thing to root out the Taliban and All Qaeda, the terrorist attack has caused great suffering from the attack itself and the fallout of retribution.

We must never forget theses attacks, and we must try to prevent them in the future, regardless of where they occur.
In addition we must remember, and honor, those who willingly sacrifice their lives for the safety and security of our nation. We must also mourn for the innocent victims lost in these atrocious attacks.

However with all that being said, life goes on and all those still alive need to not let these attacks and the retribution therefore, to utterly dominate their lives.

I conclude these thoughts with a quote, which hopefully will give you something to think about on this most tragic date; “…any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee." -John Donne

Not to diminish the importance of the event, but I wish people wouldn't propagate the notion that "the world has changed" since then. The world, the people in it, the ideals, conflicts, and unions are just the same as they where 09.10.01 the only change is that people got scared. Ever since then it's a case of if you contest the President, Government, TSA, FBI, CIA, NST, Et Al then the terrorists will win. The crazy people existed before, they continue to today, and they will in the future. No amount of blood and treasure is going to extinguish an ideal held by zealots. Take prudent precautions and flip em the bird when they do get through, otherwise they've accomplished their goal of instilling fear and terror in their target.

IMHO, the best response was one by Russia in January of this year. Bomb goes off, they clean up and go on with business as usual for the most part. No mass grounding of the nations traffic, not sudden panic response, just a reasonable reaction.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-24/...-police-moscow-during-rush-hour/2?_s=PM:WORLD

Back