Nestle pure life water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHBT

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed with this water? i have 2 jugs laying around and i feel like brewing a dry stout today..i looked up the report and its more of a range rather then a target value for example the calcium is 11-14 the chlorides are 18-25 so i dont know what to input into the water spreadsheet...im wondering if i should even add anything and brew it as is or add some salts to season it up..any advice would be appreciated cheers

I usually use gallons of spring water, but I buy the small Nestle bottles and use those when I need to add small amounts or top off, no issues with me

I exclusively use 5 gal jugs of Pure Life for brewing, beers always come out great. It's essentially RO water with minimum minerals added for flavor. I don't think there's a significant difference in the ranges they give and wouldn't have a noticeable effect on your water/salt calculations if you use the mid point of each range. I wanted more accurate info though and have tested dozens of bottles over the last two years with a GH/KH test kit (never did a full water test though). My numbers always came within a point or two of GH=40 and KH=15. I've since stopped testing bottles and use these numbers for all of my calculations. Just plug that into your water calculator (if whatever your using can't use GH/KH, you can use brewersfriend, that's what I use). Hope that helps.

Back