Need recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nfrayer

Reaction score
So I have some left over ingredients and I wanted to do somewhat of a half batch.
I have as followed

3lbs unhopped breiss golden LME
1 lb belgium aroma malt
1/2lb munich 40L
1/2 lb Crystal 40L

I have the following hops
Chech Saaz 1oz. pellets
Kent Golding 1oz. leaf
Williamette 1 1/4 oz pellets
German Hersbrucker 1 oz. pellets
Northern Brewer 1/2 oz plugs.

My question is as followed. What volume should my wort be if I'm looking for an OG of about 1.053?

Thats about what I was shooting for. I'm trying to figure my IBUs and wondering If I should go more on the Goldings, or more on the saaz and williamette. The goldings have an aa of 6.9, while the saaz is 2.9 and the williamette is 4.3. I don't know about the Hersbrucker though. Just going to take an educated guess.

Well for my taste you can't go wrong with Goldings. :D Willamette if I recall is a variant of Fuggles so those too should go together really well. Willamette for bittering and some goldings for flavour/aroma would be nice.

15G of Willamette @ 60
15G of Goldings @ 20
7G of Goldings @ 5

will give you 24.8 IBU

Not sure what kind of beer you'd have but I'm sure it would be interesting :D

Probably loose the last golding addition and do 7 grams of the saaz at 2.9aa and maybe 7 or less of the herbruckers. Might be a little off, but rather to much than to little

or maybe even going half goldings half hersbrucher, I think they were pretty close in alpha acidity, then finish with 14 grams of saaz. yep thats what i'm going to do.

Back