Need propane burner information

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbtech

Reaction score
Ok, I am in the process of doing a keg to kettle conversion, 15.5 gal. I was wondering if there is a propane burner that the keg can sit on without the fear of it falling off. I'm not to the point yet of building a tier system, but would like to in the future. I would like to run the burner off of a standard propane bottle that fits the grill. Thanks

You want one with a square frame, like this.
bcsq14_high_propane_burner.jpg

I have an older round framed one that the keg sits on perfect... the skirt on the kegs hangs over the top ring, but it is balanced on there well... will try to find you a pic...

Moose, that round one works fine if you've got a flat bottom pot. The problem with a keg is the skirt. I guess the one Duckfoot has fits inside the skirt which may be OK, but a lot of them are about the same diameter, and you'd have to use some kind of grill grate to let is sit on the and be stable. For a keggle, I think the best bet is a square frame.

Moose, that round one works fine if you've got a flat bottom pot. The problem with a keg is the skirt. I guess the one Duckfoot has fits inside the skirt which may be OK, but a lot of them are about the same diameter, and you'd have to use some kind of grill grate to let is sit on the and be stable. For a keggle, I think the best bet is a square frame.

Thanks for the info guys. I would ultimately want to build a tier system, but I am moving soon and will wait to build it at the new house. Are there burners I can incorporate into the tier system, or will i need to modify one of these square types and attach to the metal framing?

You can canabalize the burner and the regulator, and some people cut up the frame and weld/mount it onto their stand. It all depends on what you want to build, though.

Back