Need opinion regarding Inkbird ITC-106 RH (relay) operation.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfarr67

Reaction score
Moderator- feel free to relocate to a more appropriate section, there were three close choices.
Hi, first post- not really brewing related but I'll take help with Inkbird where ever it is. Have a oven with a Inkbird timer, ITC-106RH temp controller and a 'safety' ITC-100. I took over this project and finished it- two 1500w elements are driven by a Square D contactor. What it is doing: Auto Tune work great, temps go and down around the set point (120C), BUT- when the PID kicks back to PID mode- the controller overshoots set temp to 127C then as the temp comes down, the the contactor (seemingly at random) switches on for one sec then shuts off....on/off...on/off...etc until things cool down to say 115C then the things operate normally until overshoot- rinse repeat. I've tried playing with Ctrl, P, I, etc which affects cycle time and duration but doesn't eliminate the random switching. I find it odd that he Auto tune works and PID not so much- concern is also operating life of the contactor if left like this. The controls were wired up a year ago and I finally have got around to play with this thing- I have a spare temp controller that I swapped in and it behaves the same. I'm leaning toward incorrect wiring of controller. Thanks

Back