need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmurda

Reaction score
i bottled some beer from the carboy and put the brewers best tablets in there. with out thinking about it i put them in the fridge and they are not carbonated at all. should i try to drop another tablet in or just leave them out and see if it will carbonate. its been 3 weeks already.

Just pull them out and give them 3 weeks at room temperature; The yeast most likely will wake back up and eat those tabs.

after 3 weeks take one bottle and put it in the fridge overnight; pop it the next day and pour it into a glass. :)

Your yeast may have started in liquid vial from the fridge :) while they do die off after a time 3 weeks in a fridge shouldn't totally knock them out; just make them dormant.

and if they're not carbonated, and you put in the appropriate amount of carb drops, then the sugar should still be in the solution -- your little yeasties just haven't fed on it yet.

It is well worth the 3 week wait to pull them out, get them to room temp, and let the yeast try and do it's thing then take the chance of hurting the beer by reopening the bottles and adding new yeast.

If the yeast has all settled and compacted to the bottom of the bottles, you may want to give it a gentle swirl to get it back in suspension.

Back