Need help from Colorado Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwill07

Reaction score
Next fall, I want to start brewing and drinking Bronco beer. Problem is, I don't know what Bronco beer is.

I'm a huge Denver Bronco fan, displaced in Charlotte, NC. I would like to brew something special to enjoy during games next season. Having trouble figuring out what kind of beer would commemorate Colorado and the Broncos.

Is there a particular Colorado style? Obviously, orange is preferred - in color and possibly tasting notes.

I've been asking around, and things that have been suggested: Tripel, in honor of our third Lombardi. Stout, like the defense. Spruce ale - per the spruce trees in the mountains.

Thoughts?

I'm a fellow avid Broncos fan displaced in Chicago, but luckily there's a good amount of us here.

I've been wanting to brew something Broncos inspired and it would be cool if we could collaborate on something. What about a beer with 50 ingredients to commemorate SB50?

Something orange color and with orange peel. Hmm, tripel will do. You might have to crush the peel instead of zesting.

Odell IPA from Ft. Collins has a nice orangeish color and Orange label...

odells-IPA.jpg

I brewed an amber pretty much right after the AFC Championship. Took one of my session recipes, bumped up the caramel malt for more orange color and amber character, added a ton of Cascade hops, and a little orange peel.

It was ready for the game, and it was tasty.

Back