Need help finding two clone kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialkaye

Reaction score
Hey all, I need some help finding kits for my wife. We're new to home brewing and she'd like to have beers like Heiliman's Special Export Light and Blatz Light Cream Ale.

This is kinda special for her, she used to work at Heileman's. And, I'd like to give her the beers she used to drink while at work. How's that for a job? And no, don't ask her age. Heck, I don't even know it for sure. She's been 39 at least seven or eight times.

Yes, I understand THAT brewery that bought the recipes still make Special Export under a different name but we live in EXTREME south Florida and there just is not a distributor down here.

Because I've done exactly one brew, Edwort's Apfelwein, that's still fermenting, I think a kit might be the best step to start with. Your opinions?

So, let me know what kits come very close to these beers, please. Especially you Midwesterners.
Thanks

Sorry I'm 9 years late.
Did you ever locate a Blatz Light Cream Ale (or BLCA as we used to call it) recipe?
And do you happen to remember the abv% of BLCA ?
Where are you in "Extreme" S. Florida?
I'm also a mid-westerner transplanted to Boca Raton.

Cheers,
'Boca' Bosco

Back