need double check on 5gal carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polboy

Reaction score
Hello
So i have 5gal carboy that i been using for a year or so, few days ago i bottled what i had in it and after washing i flipped it upside down to dry and noticed something what looks like multiple circular cracks on the bottom, today i was about to buy 2 5gal carboys from CL and one of them had the same "crack" pattern on the bottom, the other one was fine but it was different "model". Both with "cracks" have goffered surface pattern on the bottom the one without cracks has smooth surface so im wondering if this cracks is something that suppose to be there, with little imagination you can see what im talking about on the picture below.
If you have this type of carboy can you let me know if yours has the same "cracks" pattern
Thanks

04052012121.jpg

i can't see them on my monitor, could you try to grab another picture or circle them and re upload it?

I think it's fine mine have that and they are new if I'm seeing it correctly. It just looks like a textured bottom (my 6.5 gallon doesn't have it but it's a different brand). It it is an actual crack and you can see it go through then obviously stay away from it.

*** disregard I think I might see the actual cracking pattern you mentioned I personally would stay away from this but then again I can't quite tell from the picture

My friend just gave me a carboy exactly like this, I think it's just the design pattern, never seen one like it before, mines got a number 68 on it as well polboy, does yours?

Latest posts

Back