Need a wine recipe.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TideJoe

Reaction score
I'm an AG brewer and wanted to do something for my wife (who hates beer). She likes white wines and sweet wines (Zinfandel, Riesling, or something fruity). Anyone have a simple recipe that might fall into one of those categories?

you could try something with welches niagra jucie from concentrate. jack kellers web site has a recipe for it. it would be cheap and easy. i just did one with welches concord juice and it turned out pretty darn good.

My all-time best seller....

6 containers frozen grape concentrate (grape cocktail or 100% grape whatever)
4 containers frozen cranberry concentrate
10# sugar (dissolved over low heat)
~~~
Place 1tbl nutrient and 1tbl energizer in brewbucket/carboy or whatever you plan to use and pour the above on top of it to disslove it. Then bring the total volume up to 5-6 gallons. Once combined take some in a mason jar and use to start the yeast (montrechet). Pitch in, air lock it, let it go. Follow prescribed racking timetables on countless other posts. :)

Side note: Sorry about the spelling and/or grammer... I'm enjoying some dry cherry pie wine :D

If she likes riesling, you could make a riesling kit! My friend lschaivo here on the forum made a kit for his wife, and it turned out great! He gave me a bottle and I think it's wonderful.

Your best options will be going for a kit.

The second option is to find some juices that you wish to use to ferment. However, most juices will be from fruits/strains not developed or grown for winemaking (sugar content, acidity, etc). There are reports of niagara grape wines, and concord grape wines, (concord/purple grapes are said by jack to need to age for 2-3 years. Niagara is said to be somewhat similar to a resiling.)

The third option is to join a club where you can be part of a buy of several tons of the right varietal grapes that are ripe, have the right sugar content, etc, etc and crush them to obtain the right juice to do the wine.

Which route looks best for your choice and situation?

Back