Need a recipe for 1'st Partial Mash Batch.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

Reaction score
I've done several extract kits with good results, and would like to try out partial mash. Looking for a good, but rather simple recipe that has the following attributes:

Only 1 or 2 (maybe 3) types of grain.

Only 1 or 2 types of DME.

Hop requirements in 1oz (or close) increments (I don't want to have to try to properly store 1/4oz of a bunch of different varieties).

Mash/Sparge will be done on the stove top, with the boil done on the propane burner outside. Boil volume will be 4 gallons starting.

My goal is to get away from kits so that I can use my local supplier (Thomas Creek Brewery). Great selection of ingredients, and their pricing is good, and I can cut out the shipping.

Thanks in advance for your help.

sorry, I am open to anything, but preferably a pale ale or lighter amber, or possibly an IPA.

Once you're in the recipe database and have selected a style, click on the heading labeled "Prefix", then click the arrow that shows up next to Prefix to reverse the sorting order. That should put all of the Partial mash recipes at the top.

Back