Need a plastic rectangular fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendog15

Reaction score
Looking for a 5 gal (ish) fermentor that can sit on the hump of my chest freezer (while it holds my other 2 carboys) which I use as a fermentation chamber. The dimensions are 5"x7" and about 15" tall.

I'm assuming a plastic bpa container will do the trick. Anything you can recommend??

Looking for a 5 gal (ish) fermentor that can sit on the hump of my chest freezer (while it holds my other 2 carboys) which I use as a fermentation chamber. The dimensions are 5"x7" and about 15" tall.

I'm assuming a plastic bpa container will do the trick. Anything you can recommend??

Check out 3G better bottles - they make them in square profile and you may be able to fit two of them on the hump (I do the same).

on second thought, most fermentors will be too tall for you 15" height! and 5" is pretty narrow too.
By the way, 5x7x15 is 525 cu inches, which is about 2 Gallons. Even if you find exactly the right geometry container with very thin walls, you can't fit 5 Gallons there.

Another thought is a vittlels vault with a blow off
Use an elbow barb at the top to bend the blowout
It would hang over the edge but might not fall of
Worst case you have more grain storage

Honestly I'm cool with anything that will fit those dimensions on the hump of my chest freezer. 2 gal, 3 gal, whatever. Just want something that fits in there along side the 2 Carboys.

Check out 3G better bottles - they make them in square profile and you may be able to fit two of them on the hump (I do the same).

Yup they're just a little too tall. Can't close the lid of the chest freezer only got about 15 in of clearance. These ones say they're 19.5 in tall. B

Yup they're just a little too tall. Can't close the lid of the chest freezer only got about 15 in of clearance. These ones say they're 19.5 in tall.

Back