Need A Favor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppylikerabbits

Reaction score
I need a favor from someone out there.. I need measurements for the opening of the Barley crusher. The opening where the hopper attaches to. The one found on this site... The Barley Crusher
The inside of it please!! Oh yea, i cant exactly get to mine to get measurements due to the fact its in New Mexico and im in Afghanistan.

Thanks in advance.

rollers.jpg

I'll send Bob downstairs with a tape measure, but I"m not clear on what you need exactly. I have a 7# hopper on mine, and I can't "see" where your "north and south" measurements are wanted.

Inside edge to inside edge. Im goning to fabricate a new hopper while im over here. Width and Length Hopefully this pic is a little better. The red line on the right. Thanks a bunch Yooper!!

rollers.jpg

With the hopper on (I didn't take it off, so I had to go by the "red line on the right"), it's 5"x3". but someone else should check, too, as I had a pretty rigid tape measure and I could be off 1/4".

As long as its semi accurate i should be able to fabricate something up. If its off ill be able to trim some of it up. Thanks again! If someone is willing to take it off and give me an extremely accurate measurement that would be awesome but i think yoopers will be good enough! Thanks again!!

I wish I would've known about homebrewing back when I was in Afghanistan, it would have given me so much more to do/look forward to doing when I got home! I hope things are going alright for you over there and good luck with your new hopper.

Here in Oregon the measurements are 2.875 x 4.9375 - Not sure how much QC the BC makers are into so I'd suspect that they vary from unit to unit.

Stay Safe !

Back