NB sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eadavis80

Reaction score
I have been a Northern Brewer customer for years. Ever since I started brewing (about 4 years ago) they offered a Columbus Day extract kit sale where they'd offer $14.92 kits if you bought three from a set list of kits. I expected that sale to resurface today given it's Columbus Day, but I never got an email, nor did I see anything on their website. I then began a chat with a NB rep and they said the sale was going on. She sent me the link: https://www.northernbrewer.com/coll...657142567935126094361681302363855898808787326

I found it odd that they're having a sale, but not showing it. Does anyone else see this sale? I wonder if a company can change the appearance of a website's content based on the IP address of who is looking at it.

I followed the link and it shows the sale for me. Built an order using the promo code and it showed the discount as well. If I were into IPAs this would be a great deal since you can order three of the same kit if you want.

I would imagine it’s because Columbus Day has become a pretty controversial holiday, replaced by Indigenous People’s Day in a lot of areas.

Re: changing content based on user IP, sure, that’s very feasible and I’ve done it for certain use cases. It would be much more common and generally more useful to store a value in a cookie and assemble the page based on that value.

Back