Natural gas "knob" for Blichman burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Blichman gas burner. I have the natural gas conversion kit and use it in my indoor brew location. Currently I use a simple inline gas on/off valve from the hardware store to turn the gas on and off and the needle valve from Blichman to adjust the flame.

I'm currently doing some renovation to make my brewery a much nicer finished space. I'm wondering if anybody has a solution for a knob/valve that I could build in to control the gas. I'm looking for something like a stove top gas knob. I would either build it into my counter or perhaps fashion a small box attached to the end of the burner.

Could I just buy a valve and knob made for a stove and install that? I'm a little unsure how all that works and if I would need to have some certain specs to the valve.

I'm fairly handy, but not too schooled on natural gas. I don't want to blow up my house!

Any help is much appreciated.

fwiw, I would be surprised if one could find a range or oven gas valve that can handle the volume of gas required by either of the Blichmann burners. Most range elements top out around 8K btus while even the older Top Tier/Floor Burner is rated by Blichmann up to 60K btus at full bore with unrestricted piping on natural gas at 11" WC...

Cheers!

Back