natural carb after long primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nolabrew85

Reaction score
I had about a 45 day primary w a hybrid hefe/american wheat. I am going to bottle carb with table sugar. Do I need to add a little more yeast to the bottling bucket or should I be good?

45 days isn't long. I've heard of people doing 90 days and it being ok. But I would use priming sugar boiled in water and not just table sugar.

I'm glad I found a thread that wasn't dead on this subject. I just bottled a pale ale that I brewed the weekend before the Kentucky derby (55-60 days). It tasted fine, and I'm pretty confident in the yeast metabolizing the priming sugar (which I boiled in water).

My real question is: I brewed something (I think it was a British amber or something) for one of my good friends bachelor party. He got married in August of LAST YEAR. So I'm looking at a solid 11 months that this thing is in the primary. Assuming when I open it, it doesn't taste like the devil's b-hole, I'm assuming I should use a little yeast to this mix? 1/4 packet of dry? Nothing like an awesome 1 year anniversary present for him.

Back